Monday, September 15, 2014

Two Men One Way

Author: Derrell McCray

 Approaching what seems like a pitchfork in the middle of the road, a young man named Michael saw another man standing there alone. There was this sudden chill in the air as Michael came near him and spoke, "hello, how are you? And what is your name?", looking dazed, the guy answers saying "I am fine, I am just ready to go". Go where? Michael responded. Leaning in towards his right ear the guy utter in form of a whispering sound, "down this path of glory, riches, and much more. Glory? Riches? And much more? Michael was taken up by the guy use of words so he asks, "tell me a little more about this glorious path". This way would prosper you the most, look at all the people who chooses to take it? Their success in life and gains are well worth it, lets give it a shot. Rubbing the bottom of his chin with his right hand, Michael begins to see how appealing this path is and says, "you know I have a lot of big dreams, that if I take that route I know I would come out on top in the world! Listening to Michael speak, the guy placed a sudden smile upon his face in hope of assurance that he had Michael locked in. 

But wavering in his mind, Michael began to search around and notices another pathway off in the distance. "Hey, what's that path over there?", the guy raises his left eyebrow in shock pretending that he never saw it. "Where? What path do you speak of?", "the one covered by fog", Michael then pointed for him. "Oh, that one! That path has been there for ages, actually I approached that one before and its creepy, looks barren too, and you'll need special lenses because you can't see it standing even from over here, and besides I only see a few people at a time take that path. And a lot of them come back and choose the path I am taking because that one is no fun".

"Which path are you taking?", Michael asks again, and the guy speaking with much more passion this time says, "look I have made up my mind, I've been coming back here now for three days because someone called me, telling me that he would for sure give me all riches, all I would have to do is sign some stupid agreement thing and its all mines! So come on little buddy lets take this route of mines". Beginning to shove Michael by placing his arm around his neck and shoulders, Michael says; "hold on! Wait, it's funny that you say you got a certain call because I got a call too!", the guy was surprised with wide open eyes! And asks, "who called you?" 

TuneIn next time and see what call Michael received.....

No comments:

Post a Comment